The Raw Food Diet
It is vital that our bodies receive food that is natural and fresh in order to thrive. Eating and drinkng a raw food diet ensures a healthy, happy life. Cleanse and Detox your body and lose weight with a diet that consists of at least 75% raw food. Learn about the ample benefits of eating a raw food diet and try some of the simple but deliciously healthy recipes.
Raw food recipes, raw living food, living food, raw food diet detox.
Your body craves natural foods. 100% all raw natural foods.. A raw food diet (or eating an increased amount of raw food) is a natural way to increase your happiness, reduce your stress levels, lose weight, and increase your overall wellbeing.
Raw food diets are based on preferably organic vegetables that have been uncooked and unprocessed. A typical, well-balanced raw diet consists of variety of fruits and vegetables such as nuts, grains, seeds, druied fruits, fresh juices, and purified water.
(raw vegan sushi rolls <3 )
Why Raw Foods?
The Raw diet is essentially a vegetarian diet where you consume living foods. Living foods and fresh juices contain the maximum amounts of fiber and vitamins found in food as they have not been processed or cooking (processes like heating food above 116 degrees F destroy fiber, enzymes, and vitamins that aid in digestion, minimizing the nutritional value).
Raw Food Diet
Eat a diet consisting of 75% raw foods for health benefits such as:
- increased energy
- improved skin appearance
- Increased metabolism & better digestion,
- weight loss
- reduced risk of serious illnesses like heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- A raw food diet contains little or no saturated fats,
- is low in sodium
- high in potassium, magnesium, folate and fibre.
Looking for a DETOX diet?
- Raw food diets are an excellent option.
- can be used for colon cleansing,
- liver cleansing,
- kidney cleansing
- and skin cleansing.
Raw Food Diet BASICS
Your menu will consist of fresh fruits and vegetables such as: grains, seeds, beans, nuts, legumes, young coconut milk, and seaweed.
Different combinations of raw foods can have amazing affects depending on why you are dieting. For example,
- sprouted brown rice slows glucose absorption and improves the metabolism
- cabbage supports healthy cellular function
- radish and shitake mushrooms are amazing anti-oxidants
- carrots are a great source of vitamin A and promotes vision and a healthy cardio-vascular system
- organic sprouts, beans, seeds, and wheatgrass contain high levels of protein, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes making them a natural supplemnet.
- fennel contains manganese shown to even out mood swings and decrease depression, can control and reduce inflammation of arthritis along with high levels of zinc and vitamin B complex.
New to eating and drinkin raw ? Start by adding sprouts in soups and salads. Or try juicing and adding sprouts to your smoothie mixes. Drinking fresh juices are a great way to consume your raw veggies and fruits and increase your energy and mineral intake.
A great juicing recipe to complement a raw food diet carrot juice with potato, fennel and apple.
Simply juice or blend 4 medium carrots, 2 apples, 1 small potato and 1 small stalk of fennel.
You can also add soy milk or tofu for more substace as a non dairy addition to your drinks.
As with any major changes you make to your body, including diets it is always recommended to speak with your doctor before implementing the diet.
With extreme diet changes as your body detoxes and adjusts to the new changes you may experience symptons such as headaches, nasea, and cravings of sugars, carbs, etc. Thes symtpons general last a few days. When starting the new raw diet we suggest by cutting down on eating met, sugar, and caffeine a week before beginnig your raw diet.
Eating a raw food diet is a wonderful way to improve your well being, health and happiness. Transitioning into a 75% raw diet like anything worthw hile will take your time and commitment. Combining a raw food diet with exercising regularly you can impact the value of your routine and increase your overall weigtht loss while reducing your bmi fat index. For a great increase to your energy, a raw food diet is an excellent choice.